It’s been a short month. In spite of me losing my job the kids have done some traveling. The girls are down in Nutley, NJ at my aunt’s house and Christian is at his father’s house for July. Emily has since finished her medication two Friday’s ago. Not knowing, I thought I had to take her back for a Lyme test. Here was my finding:
1. No, there is not test for a cure. It will always show up as positive.
2. New York is a very HIGH risk state for Lyme Disease
3. Only a female deer tick will carry the Lyme Disease
4. It must complete a 36 hour feeding cycle before it release Lyme Disease into the host.
5. Keep girls hair up in a pony tail or pig tails
6. MOST IMPORTANTLY – do nightly tick checks. This will prevent the 36 hour feeding cycle from completing!
Sure enough, after giving Emily a bath one night… She had a deer tick on her. Ironically it was in the same spot that we first noticed the bullseye rash!
I called the doctor and she said it wasn’t necessary to bring it in for testing since we got it within 24 hours. Whew! We now routinely do TICK CHECKS throughout the day. Never too cautious.
I’ve posted some pics of the past few weeks.
My next few posts will be about something dear to my heart (besides my kids but in line with my beloved family). My parents are hobby farmers. You can see their latest venture into Berkshire pigs coming soon!